My Current Projects

Discuss Photography, Nikon, Canon, film, 35mm, full frame, photography gear etc. Talk about Graphics, Web, DVD, Video & Other Multimedia like graphic design, 3D, Web Design, video etc. Need to create a DVD presentation? Ask questions on what software to use, review your video camera, creating a short film. Do you need a script for your film? - Find ideas, what is the best lighting techniques and more...

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

Re: My Current Projects

Post by jc » Sat Feb 14, 2015 6:22 am

Ah well I only skimmed over your posts last night and I did not realize they are not live yet. Anyway, your ideas sounds cool and interesting and it will be good to see them later when you get them going.

My freeimagesonline site has lost 2/3rds of the traffic it had since I changed the theme and it went from a steady $1 to $2 a day to less than .50c a day if I'm lucky. I changed the ads around a bit so I hope that improves now but I will have to start uploading more images soon and do it regularly. The positive is that the traffic is looking like better quality and there are now some Google organic hits showing up where before there was hardly any.... Changing themes though is something I did not realize would have such an impact. I hope most of the traffic lost was just spam anyway,
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius
Skype Handle: david.sundancer

Post by TwoRox » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:58 am

jc wrote:
TwoRocks wrote: Yeah, that's always the thing: once the site's been built, you gotta keep adding content, content, content... to make people come back on a regular basis, get the "good" Google ranking et cetera... that's where the real (ongoing) work lies. So better make the site about something you like and care about, otherwise it can easily turn into a "chore".
That is why I have an interest in Naturally Dragon Speaking. I'm lucky to live next to a very good modern library here ;) of course I will twist the words to my own style but I think I can get a lot more content out by talking... :)
Yeah, that sounds like a smart plan, brother! :mrgreen:

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:04 am

jc wrote:My freeimagesonline site has lost 2/3rds of the traffic it had since I changed the theme and it went from a steady $1 to $2 a day to less than .50c a day if I'm lucky. I changed the ads around a bit so I hope that improves now but I will have to start uploading more images soon and do it regularly. The positive is that the traffic is looking like better quality and there are now some Google organic hits showing up where before there was hardly any.... Changing themes though is something I did not realize would have such an impact. I hope most of the traffic lost was just spam anyway,
Well, essentially, you've got "the big home advantage" with the great site name ("people naturally typing" as in "dragon naturally speaking" :lol: )

So keep adding your own great footage, unique content people can't get anywhere else, and then your image store is gonna "fly through the roof", given enough time! :thumbsup

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:51 pm

TwoRocks wrote: So keep adding your own great footage, unique content people can't get anywhere else, and then your image store is gonna "fly through the roof", given enough time! :thumbsup
I hope so, it does have a good name which is a big start. I have to get into a system or manage things better as I have all these things to do but the list keeps growing :D :)

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:05 am

jc wrote:
TwoRocks wrote: So keep adding your own great footage, unique content people can't get anywhere else, and then your image store is gonna "fly through the roof", given enough time! :thumbsup
I hope so, it does have a good name which is a big start. I have to get into a system or manage things better as I have all these things to do but the list keeps growing :D :)
Yeah, it's important to stay focused and do just a couple of things right.

I used to be a real "scatter brain" with all those "great ideas in my head" - "busy going nowhere", kind of.

These days I'm really restraining myself, doing just a few things at a time. The rest is there in my head, anyway, and it's going nowhere. It can wait until the time is right. (Like writing my 9 Atlantis novels. :mrgreen: )

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:42 pm

I have been doing a full make over of my old motorcross website http://www.motoxcenter.com/

I will also spent tomorrow on it finishing a few things but it's nearly there. It's a big improvement on what I had before. It also gets a bit of traffic so it was high on the to do list and now I will post some regular content on it....

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:26 pm

That sounds good. :)

It's always great to be able to "dig into" one's own passions to bring a website to life! :D

I'm gonna have a look-see at the site in the next couple of days, and I'll post some feedback here after.

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:01 am

TwoRocks wrote:

I'm gonna have a look-see at the site in the next couple of days, and I'll post some feedback here after.
OK thanks and I'm welcome to constructive criticism too. I have now finished it although there might be some ongoing tweaks etc. Time to move onto my next project :lol:

SlayerBear17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Skype Handle: slayerbear17
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/cbh17

Post by SlayerBear17 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:15 am

jc wrote:
TwoRocks wrote:

OK thanks and I'm welcome to constructive criticism too. I have no finished it although there might be some ongoing tweaks etc. Time to move onto my next project :lol:

Jc how does this website work? Is this a full blown business your running? Visiting the first page looked killer!!!

Website looks great!

At first I thought JC owns a bike business... :shock: or do you?
check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChaosBeing666/
Check out my studio build...here.. http://productionforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=10617
Send me some KOKANEE......Yes you will....Send now !
http://www.chaosbeing.com
Let the Chaos begin...

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 am

Haven't looked at it, yet. Was busy with other stuff.

Want to really take the time to give it a close look to give some qualified feedback. :D

Mayhaps later today, or over the weekend...