I just Bought a Scanner/Printer

Discuss Photography, Nikon, Canon, film, 35mm, full frame, photography gear etc. Talk about Graphics, Web, DVD, Video & Other Multimedia like graphic design, 3D, Web Design, video etc. Need to create a DVD presentation? Ask questions on what software to use, review your video camera, creating a short film. Do you need a script for your film? - Find ideas, what is the best lighting techniques and more...

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

I just Bought a Scanner/Printer

Post by jc » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:43 am

for $12, can't go wrong

https://www.canon.com.au/en-AU/Personal ... nes/MG2460

I needed a scanner as I have a box of my family photos from my mum I want to scan and this scanner offers 600x1200 DPI scanning and that is more than enough for photos since they are only 300 DPI anyway.

The printer looks OK too and that will be handy but I will only use it when needed as ink can be more costly but I will get an ink set on ebay to refill myself.

I want to start printing out my songs to sing when busking etc :lol:

I started scanning my phots and edit them in lightroom with an auto import setup. working nicely so far but a little slow scanning at 600 DPI but worth maxing it out in case ever needed.
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

jc
Site Admin

Re: I just Bought a Scanner/Printer

Post by jc » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:32 am

hey I'm petty happy with this. it came with 2X ink cartidges. I had to buy a printer USB cable and luckily they had one left for $5. I have started scanning my photos and the results at 600DPI is as good as I hoped and really excellent. The printing also has gone smooth. For $12 I'm pretty happy. got my scanning happening which I have been needing to do for ages and now starting to print out my song covers, all good man :)

Happy Australia day too :)

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Nice deal jc. We got an Epson directly from Epson years ago, and it was a good deal, but not as good as yours...

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius
Skype Handle: david.sundancer

Post by TwoRox » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:45 pm

Congrats on the printer, jc. Sweet deal! :D

I'm just now (and I mean right now) "reviving" my trusty ole Brother DCP-130C which I got, like, ages ago, and it never failed me. (Well, one of the memory card slots is "shot" cuz once upon a long ago a memory card got stuck in there and in the process of "prying" it out some contacts got damaged... no biggie.)

It prints, it scans, it copies like a charm (b/w & color), and its ink cartridges come without any stupid chips... 8) ...so getting 3rd party replacement cartridges for cheap is easy-peasy. :D

It's been sitting around unplugged for round about nine months now, so I gotsa do some good ole cleaning of the print head.

Done. Looks okay for text printouts, but no longer for photos (which I'm not doing on it, anyway... the local drug store does it for less... money and hassle ;) )

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:26 pm

sounds alright. I guess mine can be used for a copier as well since it's also a scanner and printer.

DianeBiermann
Forum Member

Post by DianeBiermann » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:47 am

Hey congrats jc for the printer/scanner.

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:42 pm

thanks Diane, it still works fine and I haven't even needed to get more ink yet as I only use it for about 5 pages every month. I did print out many of my cover songs as well a while back. I think the ink is getting low now though so might need to look for some on ebay.