Gerhard Richter

Discuss Photography, Nikon, Canon, film, 35mm, full frame, photography gear etc. Talk about Graphics, Web, DVD, Video & Other Multimedia like graphic design, 3D, Web Design, video etc. Need to create a DVD presentation? Ask questions on what software to use, review your video camera, creating a short film. Do you need a script for your film? - Find ideas, what is the best lighting techniques and more...

Moderators: jc, Moderator

jc
Site Admin

Gerhard Richter

Post by jc » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:13 pm

just been watching a documentary on him and working at his studio, very inspiring, I love these sorts of programs. Now I want to do some more paintings soon :D maybe after I arrange the lounge in next few days...
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius
Skype Handle: david.sundancer

Re: Gerhard Richter

Post by TwoRox » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Not familiar with him...

jc
Site Admin

Re: Gerhard Richter

Post by jc » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:22 pm

I have not studied a lot about him but I'm surprised you have not heard of him since he is from Germany as well but yeah he is a quiet achiever, you don't hear much about him but I think he might be a lot more famous when he passes away as often artists do. I think he has had a number of the highest priced sales in art for a living artist, maybe 20 million or more per painting? He does a range of paintings and also photographs. He is probably most known for his abstracts that use a lot of space in them. in the documentary on TV which I recommend to watch if anyone is interested in art he creates these abstracts in real time and shows his techniques.

Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.