No Sound

For all E-MU DAS Devices, including the 0404 PCI/PCIe, 1212M, PCI/PCIe 1616(M) CardBus/PCI/PCIe, 1820(M) and also Patchmix & E-MU PFX

Moderators: jc, Moderator

finch_bob
Forum Member

No Sound

Post by finch_bob » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:32 am

So I installed my E-MU 0404 PCI. It worked fine for a month, Today my computer locked up and when I restarted it...no sound. I can see the levels on the volume indicator for the computer and in PatchMix. There does not appear to be any signal coming out theither of the output jack I checked them with head phones.. Help I'm frustrated.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Re: No Sound

Post by jmail » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:35 pm

The output jacks don't support a set of headphone directly. Test the cables you use from the EMU to whatever you're monitoring with by trying them on another source. You can try a "Restore Defaults..." with the E-MU, either from the "Start" menu (under Creative Professional), or by right-clicking on the E-MU icon in systray. That'll re-set the E-MU to its defaults, and loads the "Default..." Session file (I think... therefore I am, I think...). If it doesn't do that, load another Session file for the 0404. Let us know what happens.

finch_bob
Forum Member

Post by finch_bob » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 pm

I've tried resetting the defaults. Not sure how to load a new session since the orginal seemed to work fine. In sonar and Itunes the levels show music going out. On the PatchMix the out level show music going out. I just can't seem to get a signal in the 1/4 in out jacks.

jmail
Master of the Universe
Master of the Universe

Post by jmail » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Besides testing your cables for continuity, and testing the playback device(s) for full-functioality, be sure and consult the 0404PCI 0404 Owner's Manual, page 12 and on concerning the Session (especially p13 for the Session Settings), and page 26 and on, for the Main Secion, specifically look at page 28 for the Outputs TV screen display, and notice the little 'X' marks in the boxes? Make sure you have those. If not, click on the box on the screen, and it will "connect". The Orange correlates to the Main Mix out, while the Mon goes with that section to the right of the Main section.

If none of that works, then do what we call the Virgin Re-Install Routine (affectionately dubbed VRIR), which can be found in Q/A 20 "I have no audio!" of the site's Combined FAQs. That particular technique should be used on any computer PCI card installation/re-installation routine.