Ax pix!

Moderators: jc, Moderator

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius
Skype Handle: david.sundancer

Ax pix!

Post by TwoRox » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:49 am

Okay, so we got a mic pics thread. Noice!

How about an ax pix thread so we can all do some more droolin'??? :lol:

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Re: Ax pix!

Post by TwoRox » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:52 am

You may remember my "sweet li'l ole lady" aka "Li'l Miss Firefox":

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:39 am

I don't recall it, tell us more about that guitar, it looks interesting?
Follow Production Forums on Twitter
Like our Facebook page & follow the conversations.

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:22 pm

jc wrote:I don't recall it, tell us more about that guitar, it looks interesting?
Well, it's (obviously) a Les Paul-type guitar, but a "mini" version, like only about 60% regular size.

"Cute as a button", as the saying goes, but fully playable, not a toy!

The little Missus does require some tender love & care, though, cuz the tuners (or machine heads, or whatever term you use) need to be replaced, for one thing. They were not the best quality when I bought her, and they haven't gotten better over time. :(

I'm even considering replacing the two current Humbuckers with original Gibson "classic" Les Paul Humbuckers (like they made'em in the 50's, only manufactured today, of course).

But one step at a time... tuners first, then on to the next thing... 8)

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:07 am

What, nobody else posting axe pics? :shock:

Everybody sound asleep and in hibernation? Bear? BEAR? BEAR! :o

Nothing... okay, I'll get back in the spring... :lol:

Meanwhile, here's one more member of my "electric axe" family, "Mr. Stratovari"!

He's in pretty good shape, though I need to get a tremolo arm so I can do the "whammy thingie"... 8)

Watch out, David Gilmour... :lol: :lol: :lol:

SlayerBear17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Skype Handle: slayerbear17
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/cbh17

Post by SlayerBear17 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:22 am

Axe's,Amps, and Cabs.

I wanted to actually.....well I,m still going to but do a video on each of my guitars as 3 of them have been modified to SB17's Specs 8) 8)

I,ll post a video hopefully soon!

In the mean time
Last edited by SlayerBear17 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a Pic!
check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChaosBeing666/
Check out my studio build...here.. http://productionforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=10617
Send me some KOKANEE......Yes you will....Send now !
http://www.chaosbeing.com
Let the Chaos begin...

TwoRox
Forum Genius
Forum Genius

Post by TwoRox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:05 am

SlayerBear17 wrote:I,m still going to do a video on each of my guitars as 3 of them have been modified to SB17's Specs 8) 8)
Sounds good! :D

I look forward to the video(s) and to learn more about the mods / tweaks. 8)

I've never been much of a "grease monkey", doing stuff like taking care engines apart, making mods and putting them together again, but I've always been a computer / electronic tinkerer, and getting into tweaking / modding guitars is something I do look forward to.

Most likely, I'll leave "Mr. Stratovari" - my Stratocaster clone - more or less the way he is, except for adding the tremolo arm. Machine heads, pickups, knobs and switches are all working fine, so no real need for replacing anything. And I'm not that much of an "electric axe man", anyway (at least not yet), so I'm not obsessing about the sound the pickups produce, or the way the fretboard could be improved for easier playing or what-have-you-not.

However, over time, my Li'l Miss Firefox will "feel" like she's been completely reborn. It all started when I became aware of the poor shape she's currently in. So it was either let her stand in the corner (or hang on the wall) and just look pretty, or make her "fun to play with" again. I chose the latter and started hunting for quality replacement parts at Thomann (the European equivalent of shops like Musician's Friend).

The machine heads are still the most "urgent" replacement parts, but in the "want to" department, I've fallen in love with these:

Gibson 57 Classic Vintage GC pickups! 8)

And yes: those are original Gibson's. You can tell by the price: 100 Euros for that one alone! :shock:

And of course I will need two, and I've decided to go for the "Gibson 57 Classic Plus GC" (that one's even 110 Euros!) for the second pickup position.

So, that's 210 Euros right there - more than I paid for my li'l Missus when I bought her back in the 80's. Ah, the things we do for love... :mrgreen:

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:57 pm

that Gibson pickup does look good. Well the photo also highlights it well as it's well done with all the highlights etc done professionally.

I have to take a few more pics of some of my guitars tomorrow to post here.... (I always seem to come here late at night when I'm nearly asleep lol :lol:

SlayerBear17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Skype Handle: slayerbear17
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/cbh17

Post by SlayerBear17 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 am

My 3 guitars all have Pickup Mods....In some ways its like playing a brand new guitar all over again.
check us out on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ChaosBeing666/
Check out my studio build...here.. http://productionforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=127&t=10617
Send me some KOKANEE......Yes you will....Send now !
http://www.chaosbeing.com
Let the Chaos begin...

jc
Site Admin

Post by jc » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:39 am

I'm really happy I found the sweetspot in my own setup. I changed my little amp to use the other channel and I cranked up the gain, wow it's sounds really good now. I also found a big difference prior to that tweaking my effects pedals, the chorus was putting out a hum but after tweaking it that has gone away too.